The Gallery Singers are a auditioned Brixton based choir who rehearse on a Thursday evening. We formed in May 2010 with the ambition to create a young, enthusiastic choir, with a professional etiquette and a real passion for singing. What has emerged is a mix of old acquaintances and new friends, all keen to make beautiful music and have a well-deserved post-rehearsal pint.
We perform 3 concerts per year (each with a themed repertoire) and we occasionally busk around London too.
The Gallery Singers – Christmas Concert
Highlight and sell-out gigs:
- Evensong at Salisbury Cathedral
- Lux Aeterna (Lauridsen)
- Overground Underground – in The Brunel Tunnel which featured popular tunes of the 1960s.
- The Power of Poetry – music based on poems including works by Whitacre, Chatman and Vaughan Williams.
- The Battle of Jericho – a concert based around Negro Spirituals and Jazz which included music by Nina Simone and Moses Hogan.
- Christmas concert in aid of Save the Children – a concert which raised over £500 for Save the Children
Have a listen to us singing Miss Otis Regrets at St John’s Waterloo.